I’ve decided to join the Top Ten Tuesday bandwagon! This weekly feature/meme was created by the wonderful reviewers at The Broke and the Bookish and is a way for you, dear readers, to better know your bloggers. Each week brings a different theme to a top-ten list, and this week’s theme is Auto-buy Authors, those well-loved contemporary writers whose books you always pre-order, one-click, and download without even reading the synopsis.
Here are my romance author auto-buys, in no particular order:
- Tessa Dare – because I know I will laugh every time I open one of her books and bombard my unsuspecting husband with quotes from her books for days. Favorites: A Week to Be Wicked, Any Duchess Will Do
- Courtney Milan – because her heroines are the best, y’all. Favorites: The Suffragette Scandal, The Heiress Effect.
- Sarah MacLean – because Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake is one of the first romance novels I ever read and it gets better every time I reread it. Favorites: Nine Rules, A Rogue By Any Other Name.
- Sherry Thomas – because Fitz and Millie broke my heart and then slowly put it back together again. Favorites: Ravishing the Heiress, Not Quite a Husband.
- Victoria Dahl – because her contemporary romances were some of the first I read that actually made sense in the modern world. Bonus: She’s wicked smart. Favorites: Taking the Heat, Bad Boys Do.
- Lisa Kleypas – because her historicals caused one of the most epic binge-reads of my entire life. Favorites: Devil in Winter, Dreaming of You, Again the Magic
- Diana Gabaldon – because Outlander. Always Outlander. See also: Lord John Grey.
- Vivienne Lorret – because her Wallflower Wedding series filled the void left by Lisa Kleypas. Favorites: Daring Miss Danvers, The Elusive Lord Everhart
- Theresa Romain – because her heroes aren’t perfect, but they’re just what you need to read. Favorites: It Takes Two to Tangle, Season for Surrender
- Laini Taylor– because everything about the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy was pure magic and we all need a little of it in our lives.
You can read more Top Ten Tuesday answers to this question over at The Broke and The Bookish. Who are your auto-buy authors? I’d love to know!